How to do flawless tie-dye nails
One of the big nail art trends currently taking the internet by storm is tie-dye nails. Combining blends of colours to create a beautiful manicured look, this style has been spotted on catwalks across the world and has been all over Kylie Jenner’s Instagram page.
Tie-dye nails are growing in popularity. So, give your clients a different option for their next manicure with a colourful, summery twist they’ll fall in love with.
To help, we’ve sat down with our professional nail technicians to give you step-by-step guides to creating the flawless tie-dye manicure.
Create a vibrant tie-dye look with some of our fave Evo shades:
Apply the Base coat and Cure
Apply X2 layers of Evo Sybil and Cure Apply Soft Gel but DON’T cure
Apply Evo shades: Muriel, Juanel , Tiffany and Caroline to the Wet Soft Gel, while the gels are still wet, use an Upper Arch B rush and drag through the layers of gel. Cure Once happy with the design, apply Soft Gel and Cure Apply Evo Gloss to finish and Cure.
Create a darker, more intense tie-dye look with Havana Nights
- To start, apply 2 layers of 1 French White, making sure to cure after each layer.
- Next, use 175 Havana Nights and apply 2 or 3 thick horizontal lines across the nail, making sure to not cure them just yet.
- While the cobalt blue lines are still wet, take a small nail art brush and gently pull the colour through the previously applied No.1 French White. Then, gently zigzag the brush to create blurred lines and cure once completed.
- Apply a thin layer of No.1 French White between each blue line, gently pull the brush over the nail to blur the colours and then cure this layer.
- To add more definition to the tie-dye design, add a bit more No. 175 Havana Nights over the design with the Synthetic Nail Art Brush. Next, complete the look with your chosen finishing layer and cure the nail.
We specialise in providing training courses across a wide variety of different nail and beauty products. Taking place in Bio Sculpture training courses across the UK, you’ll learn a variety of skills and techniques to ensure you deliver flawless nails every time. So, whether you’re striving to be the best in your field or you’re looking to learn new skills, take a look at our courses and book today.